Many AVID schools are under-resourced and can benefit from community support.
“This money has liberated not only the AVID program at our school, but also my teaching in general. I no longer have to scramble, beg, borrow to fund the field trips we want to take with our kids! With only 40% of the money spent, I plan to extend its use next year in similar fashion, and couldn't be more grateful to have been a recipient of this generosity.”
- Amy Lobsinger, Teacher at Isaac Fesler JHS
and Winner of 2013 Advocacy Award grant
AVID is committed to helping our schools and districts to find local support to grow and maintain the AVID College Readiness System. There are many ways that individuals and corporations can support AVID:
- Provide funding for college students to be AVID Elective tutors
- Volunteer to be a career speaker in an AVID Elective class or for the school
- Determine if you or your work team can support AVID tutorials in other ways
- Provide materials, binders, and organizing supplies to an AVID site to create a schoolwide college-going culture
- Fund field trips to colleges
- Provide much-needed technology, such as laptops, pads, projectors, and cameras, to AVID classrooms
- Support professional learning registrations for teachers throughout the year
- Send a teacher to a three-day AVID Summer Institute where he/she will learn innovative AVID methodologies and practical skills necessary to create college-bound students year after year
- Work with local community leaders and service clubs to raise awareness of the AVID System in your schools and how they can also help.
To learn more about how you can support AVID in your local community:
- Reach out directly to your school or district to learn about their unique needs. If your donation requires an organization to have a 501(c)(3) (non-profit) designation, most districts have an education foundation that will be able to accept your donation.
- See where AVID is located and contact your local school’s AVID Coordinator.
- Contact AVID Center Development and we can help you determine how to best support your local school or district. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.654.5012.
Educational philanthropy requires vision and patience. Your donations are an investment in the future with a lifetime impact. When you give to AVID, your generosity is a gift of knowledge, hope, and inspiration.
Contributions to AVID Center, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law.